July 15, 2009

Dance with all your heart

Kylie LOVES to dance, actually love may be an under statement. At any given time, at any given place you'll find her dancing. Even right in front of the TV (where Josh is watching sports) she'll dance her little legs off. He used to get mad and then realized that that wasn't going to stop her, so now he just watches around her. Kylie dances and does tumbling at an amazing studio. She loves all of her little dancer friends and has had some awesome teachers. She has 2 recitals a year, one the end of May and the other is right before Christmas (both of which Josh and the boys whine about having to go to). Then I not so nicely remind them about how many basketball, baseball and soon to be football games she sits through......a week! 2 a year won't kill them.
This year her teacher told me what a great job she is doing in class and suggested that she try out for a competition dance team. At first I was a little hesitant because I'm not sure I could handle another "team". I though about how much she LOVES to dance and about how much I let the boys do, so I let her do it.....and she made it! She is now a Sunsation. She has already had 2 dance camps and will have about 5 competitions starting in February.I am so excited for her! She is such a natural and will do an amazing job. I'm so glad that I have a little girl to mix things up a bit from the sports world.

No comments:

Post a Comment